How to Play Online Poker
While the concepts that guide Poker may be reasonably straightforward and the rules easy to understand, there is a lot to be learned about this popular card game Poker. Before playing an online Poker game, there are a few things you should note, and they are as follows:
- Decide on the type of Poker you wish to play as there are many variants of online Poker and many online casinos offer them in demo mode where you can test out the game and become familiar with what it.
- Choose your betting style and the most common styles are No–Limit, Limit and Pot-Limit.
- Know the stakes at which you will be playing, and it’s advisable to start at low stakes.
- Find the best poker games with good odds.
- Get familiar with is the primary poker hand rankings like what Royal Flush or Straight flush is so you know when you are holding a winning hand and a sure win.
- Learn Poker odds.
- Only play when you feel good as emotions are online Pokers enemy.
- Take your time and think carefully before making a decision.
- Learn to fold as this could be the secret to your success.
- Always play within your bankroll.
Poker Hand Rankings Highest to Lowest
- Royal Flush: Five cards 10, J, Q, K, A of the same suite
- Straight Flush: Five cards of consecutive ranks and same suit.
- Four of a Kind: Four cards of the same value, like 4 Queens.
- Full House: Three of the same cards and a pair of another set of cards.
- Straight: Five cards of consecutive ranks.
- Flush: Five cards of the same suit.
- Three of a Kind: Three cards of the same class, i.e. three Aces.
- Two Pair: Two cards of one rank and two cards of a different rank.
- One Pair: Two cards of the same rank.
- High Card: If a hand contains none of the above combinations, the highest valued card wins.
Advantages of Online Poker
Poker has a social element to it when playing at a land-based casino; however, there are far more benefits to playing Poker online and at Live Online Casinos, and they are:
- Online Poker can save you money: The buy-in at an online casino is far cheaper than that of a land-based casino.
- Players can select a low buy-in game when starting to practice not only the game but bankroll management.
- No waiting around: When playing online Poker there is no waiting around for an open seat at the table as you can start playing immediately at whatever stakes you please.
- More Poker Hand Options: With online Poker, you can have more than one screen visible at any given time, allowing you to play more hands of Poker in one session.
- Online Poker is a faster table game as there is no delay due to the shuffling of cards and waiting for the dealer.
- Convenience: Online Poker allows you to play at any time and from any location.
- Playing Poker online can be played for Real Money or with Free Chips.
- Players have greater control over their betting limits.
- Don’t need a Poker Face to win online.
- Novice and Professional tables are separate.
They say practice makes perfect and one way to understand this strategic game is to sign up at an online poker site and play for free as it’s a handy training ground for the real thing.
When you are ready to start playing Poker for real money, remember to start at low stakes as you build your knowledge and experience.
Most Poker players enjoy a variety of Live Blackjack games to keep their card game skills in check.