How does Live Dealer Blackjack Work?
Once you have selected a blackjack table the live dealer technology links to a real Blackjack dealer. This will open the live stream video feed to the dealer.
An additional betting interface appears on the game play window with your actions onscreen. As a result, it determines what happens at the live Blackjack table.
Real cards and chips are used instead of a Random Number Generator (RNG). Select the cards as you do in a standard Blackjack game.
Players must be connected to the internet at all times as live Blackjack relies on the video stream to play.
Basic Knowledge of Live Blackjack
Blackjack is a simple game to understand and has many different strategies. However, there is no foolproof way to ensure a win.
Using well-practiced strategies can massively increase your chances but, you have to have basic knowledge of the game.
Herewith the basic rules of the game:
- Know the value of your cards and know when to stand or hit.
- Live Blackjack aims to beat the dealer by getting as close to a card value of 21.
- Aces have a card value of 1 or 11 – So if dealt 2 aces, best practice is to split your aces.
- Players receive two cards to start the game dealt face up, and only one of the dealer’s cards will be exposed.
- Getting a score of 21 will see you get 1.5x your total bet however that depends on the rules of the online casino.
- Different variants of live Blackjack have slightly different rules, so be sure to familiarize yourself with the regulations of the Live Blackjack game you are playing.
In Live Blackjack, you have to make decisions on each hand dealt, do you can hit, Stand, Split or Double Down. Knowing the right move is essential to a win.
Blackjack Betting Systems
Betting Systems are used by many players their chances of beating the dealers, and these are the most common ones used:
- Martingale: Players double the bets if they go on a losing streak. The system can get your money back on even ground but its considered a risky strategy.
- Fibonacci: This system is based on a famous mathematical sequence and is similar to the Martingale System but not as aggressive and risky.
- Parplay: known as a positive progression betting system. The idea of Parplay is to create a pyramid of winnings which means if a player wins, he/she will bet those winnings and the original bet. If the player loses, he/she will revert back to betting his original amount.
- 1-3-2-6: A system known as the split strategy, 1-3-2-6 sees players bet 1, 3, 2 and 6 units consecutively. The group bets only increase if the player wins. If the player loses, they remain on unit 1 until they win again.
Live Blackjack Terminology
Understanding the terminology is another integral part of learning how to play Blackjack.
Below are the top terms used by players and dealers in Live Blackjack:
- Bankroll: The sum of your gambling budget.
- Burn Card: The first card drawn from the top of the deck.
- Card Counting: A card tracking that allows you to know which cards remain in the Blackjack deck.
- Bust: A Hand that is worth more than 21.
- Double Down: The choice to double your original bet.
- Face Cards: These are the Kings, Queens and Jacks in the deck.
- Flat Betting: Betting the same for each hand.
- Hand Hand: A Blackjack hand that only has one value.
- Heads Up: When only one player playing at the Blackjack Table.
- Hit: Requesting an additional card.
- Surrender: The decision to forfeit a Blackjack Hand and have half your wager returned.
- Up Card: The Dealers card that faces up.
Now that you have a basic overview on Live Blackjack its time to start playing at a real money casinos.
Finally, its a good practice to play a host of other new live dealer games that are now available.